Thank You for Your Interest in Be Present®!
Below you will find information about the Be Present organization and our brand guidelines. If you have press inquiries, you’d like to write about us, are seeking more information or to request an interview, email our Communications team. We’d love to chat with you!
Come for yourself. Stay for community. Together we can....
Be Present is dedicated to building sustainable leadership for social justice.
In order to create peace and justice for all people, it is everyone’s responsibility to critically examine the impact of race, gender, class, and power issues on the effectiveness of the social change movement. It is from this understanding that we build better leadership models and create healthier systems that sustain us.
Our roots are traced to nationally recognized trainer and social change activist Lillie P. Allen’s groundbreaking Black & Female: What is the Reality?TM Workshop at the First National Conference on Black Women’s Health Issues held in 1983 in Atlanta, GA. In 1988, a group of African-American women trained by Ms. Allen as self-help group facilitators invited white women and other women of color activists to participate in Sisters & Allies, an 18-month leadership training project. This initiative formed the foundation for Be Present, Inc., which incorporated as a non-profit in 1992. Men and boys began participating in trainings in 1996, and as of November 2008, they are part of Be Present Inc.'s organizing and governance structures--our Regional Organizing Core Groups and National Board of Directors.
What We Do
- Teach the Be Present Empowerment Model® (BPEM) to strengthen individuals’ self- knowledge and capabilities to consciously listen and act in all aspects of their lives.
- Provide intensive training and ongoing systems of support to build leadership skills, knowledge, and abilities.
- Maintain a diverse national network of locally organized and connected communities to sustain a more integrated and comprehensive approach to capacity building for social justice.
- Collaborate with other nonprofits advancing a more resilient and equitable society.
Be Present, Inc.® is a tax-exempt, non-profit organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations to Be Present, Inc. are tax-deductible.
Board of Directors. Our volunteer leadership consists of 8 adult and youth leaders from across the United States. Board members serve without pay.
Brand Guidelines, Press Releases, and Photos
The organization is called Be Present®, spelled in title case with a capital B and P and a space between each word with a registered trademark symbol at the end. It is not spelled BePresent, Be present, or be present. The words can only be combined if written as part of the domain, such as bepresent.org.
Please Do Not...
- Use any other images, illustrations, content or other assets from this domain without permission (except for the photos below for media use).
- Display these graphics in a way that implies a relationship, affiliation, or endorsement by Be Present®.
- Use these graphics as part of your own product, business, or service’s name.
- Alter these graphics in any way, or combine them with any other graphics, without written consent.
Be Present Logo Usage Guidelines
Photos for Media Use